Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day Eight

I went to the art room early this morning to check how my plates were looking and to see whether they were dry enough to begin trimming. Unfortunately they weren't so I had to wait. The power was out for a long time today in the art building so I was unable to throw more on the wheel and so I decided to continue my work in the evening. Thankfully by the time I arrived in the art building my plates were dry enough to trim. I began by trimming my first plate I made as it wasn't as good as the others and tested out what way I wanted to trim it. Whether I did a flat base or if I did a foot ring, and in the end I decided to just keep them all flat. So I trimmed each plate one by one making them as good as I could get it taking my time. After this I put all six of them out and grabbed a tub of water and sponge to clean them up. I did this so that the bottom and sides would be smooth and ready for a firing. I ended my night at 10:00 PM looking forward to tomorrow where I will be glazing my bowls and beginning my cups.

No comments: