Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day Thirteen

Today I started at 9:00 AM and began by running the pug mill. I ran this quite a few times so that Patrice had enough clay to last going in to the summer. Then to end with I left some really dry clay and really wet clay in there mixed over night so that it could be reproduced tomorrow. After this I had to decide on the colors I wanted to glaze my bowls. I decided that I wanted to do different color bowls and then match the colors to the cups and plates. My theory behind this was so that say my Mum could have raspberry, Dad galaxy blue, Brother kidder blue and myself brown. But before I could glaze them I had to put wax on the bottom. this is so that the glaze doesn't get on there and therefore causing the glaze to run when being fired. So once I had put the wax on all the bowls and let them dry for a little bit I chose my colors and stirred the bucket and then dipped the bowls in the bucket. My first bowl needed two colors to form a galaxy lookin blue, which was black first and then floating blue and the others were just one colors. I hope that these colors turn out nice and am anxious to see how it goes.

No comments: