Friday, May 23, 2008

Day Fifteen

Today I began once again at 11:00 AM and this time my cups had completed being brisk fired and were now ready to be glazed. In addition I had extra pots that I had done in preparation for getting to getting to my final products so I had a lot of glazing to get done. I began by waxing the bottoms off all of them. Then I got the glazes and began by glazing the four I and using for the set, continuing to use the same glaze I used for the plates and bowls. Then with the remaining pots I had I experimented with the different glazing using two colors to make interesting colors. I look forward to seeing how these turn out.
After this I ran the pug mill for my final time and then cleaned the surfaces that I had been working on. Now I have all of my pots glazed and ready to go through a final firing where they will come out as my finished products. I am extremely anxious to see how they are going to come out, and fingers crossed they look good.

No comments: